As a responsible manufacturer of polycarbonate consumer products, Prodyne has monitored scientific research concerning the safety of our products including Bisphenol-A (BPA) for many years.
Based on the findings of the Food and Drug Administration, The Environmental Protection Agency, The American Plastics Council and other reliable sources from around the world, we continue to firmly believe in the safety of our products.
You can view the most up to date information here regarding BPA.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Prodyne is committed to the well being of everyone that uses our products. Therefore, we've compiled the following information to better inform our consumers on all of our products. We hope you find it useful and reassuring.
Question: Is polycarbonate beverageware safe?
Answer: Yes. Agencies and researchers worldwide have studied the safety of BPA and polycarbonate for approximately 50 years; including The Environmental Protection Agency and The Food and Drug Administration in the USA, The European Commission Scientific Committee on Food, The German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment and the Japan Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare. Findings of studies from these agencies indicate that food and beverage containers manufactured from polycarbonate do not pose a health risk to humans. Polycarbonate is used in a wide variety of consumer products including beverageware, water bottles, dental sealants and the lining of most metal food and beverage containers and has been for over 45 years.
Question: Where can I find reliable information on polycarbonate and BPA?
Answer: Consumers can visit the following web sites for more information:
- European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) study - www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/pub/1829.htm
- American Chemistry Council - www.bisphenol-a.org
- Environmental Protection Agency - www.epa.gov/oppt/existingchemicals/pubs/actionplans/bpa.html
- American Council on Science and Health - www.acsh.org/publications/the-facts-about-bisphenol-a/
- Health Canada - www.chemicalsubstanceschimiques.gc.ca/challenge-defi/batch-lot-2/bisphenol-a/index-eng.php
Question: Which government and regulatory agencies have reviewed polycarbonate?
Answer: Many government and regulatory agencies, including those listed below, have conducted comprehensive testing and review of polycarbonate and determined that it poses no known health risk to humans.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (USA)
- The Food and Drug Administration (USA)
- The European Commission Scientific Committee on Food
- The German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment
- Japan Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
Question: Why does Prodyne use polycarbonate?
Answer: Many consumers prefer polycarbonate because of its unmatched ability to offer extraordinary durability, glass like clarity and resistance to stains and odors. And polycarbonate has been widely used by many companies throughout the food and beverage industry, as well as other consumer products, for over forty-five years. We do also offer many products in acrylic, which does not contain Bisphenol-A (BPA).
9611 Santa Anita Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730